Wednesday 21 March 2012

The sound of music not in my headphones

So i'm trying to be more sociable and not have my headphones on in the office all the time. This means listening to Radio-Mid-40s and every hit from the last 100 years once a day (yes, I'm that lucky - they have a no-repeat guarantee. Between the hours of 9 and 5 of every new day. I don;t have the memory of a goldfish, you know). It also means I can't escape the godawful lyrics of some of those hits, condoned by so many around the globe I have to wonder if I'm the one who has no intelligence. Take Biffy Clyro's genius physics-lesson-in-a-nutshell:

When we collide we come together
If we don't we'll always be apart
 Someone was listening in class! I hate the radio. I hate it so much I even prefer Rihanna singing:
I didn't mean to hurt him
He could have been somebody's son

I prefer it, because I can skip the song. I can choose the next song. And I DON'T have to LISTEN to ADVERTS. Stinking, brainless, goddamn adverts! I really shouldn't be in the advertising industry with this attitude. But I am. And I get enough marketing crap to produce on my screen without having to have another of my senses assulted by it.

I used to love the radio. As a teenager I couldn't get enough of it. I don't know where I used to file all those ad breaks so I hardly noticed them, but I wish to God I could regain that skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment